Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21, 2013

There are tassels on several of the corn plants!  Today I collected a handful of snap beans that I can't wait to eat!  I think soaking the Clemson spineless and Emerald okra and  asparagus bean seeds must have been the key because they are germinating way earlier than their packages said they would.  No carrot germination yet, but they aren't expected until two days from now.

My cousin told me I should plant my tomatoes deeply, but since it's too late for that, I thought perhaps I will pile the dirt around them, which I started to do yesterday.  In the process I found and killed some beetles that were sitting all over their stems.

We are going to have so much squash, it's almost a little worrisome.  How will I ever eat or get rid of all of it?  Perhaps I can sit in my front yard and sale it to all the passersby.



Asparagus bean


Beetles on my tomatoes

Idaho potato

Yellow crookneck squash

Butternut squash


Last night I made some blackberry cobbler from the first batch of blackberries Julia helped me pick.  It was incredible!




No comments:

Post a Comment