Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23, 2013

This weekend Alan I worked in the garden some more.  The asparagus bean plant (which produces beans that are supposed to taste like asparagus - I am looking forward to trying these!) jumped up and germinated a week or so earlier than expected, so Alan went ahead and made a trellis out of some tree limbs we had laying around.





I weeded and mulched around the newly germinated squash, asparagus bean plant, blue lake bush beans, garden contender bean and okra.  Still no sight of the carrots.




Then I mulched around the bean plants that are already established, threw around some 10-10-10 fertilizer (after the disappointing results of my soil test), and planted cucumbers.  I tried to help Alan till between the corn and beans with the little tiller, but tilled up a bean plant in the process and decided I better leave the hard work to him.

I harvested some more beans and a little kale.  I realized some of the surviving bean plants from our first attempt at the garden this year are lima beans!  Yay! 


Still a ton of grass, but at least there are vegetables in there in between the grass!

The beans are so fresh and so yummy.  I discovered a great recipe for them and posted it on my FeedMeSomething.blogspot.com blog.  We ate much of this and then I froze the rest after blanching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment