Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Blackberries Are Coming!!!



God, I love blackberries.  I've been looking forward to blackberries since last year's blackberries.  Last year I made several blackberry pies and froze a bunch of blackberries that I've been putting in smoothies up until just a few months ago.

This year, I took two classes on canning and preserving put on by the Forsyth County Extension Service.  I learned a lot, but decided making jams was how I would put all this info to use.  Blackberry jam!  Yes!!!!  Be on the lookout for my blackberry jam making adventures at my other blog, Feed Me Something.

Today Alan and I walked out to the "back 40" to see how the blackberries were coming along.  We found a handful of black ones, but most are still red.  There are so many berries - more than I think I can pick.  No worries, our neighbor will get out there on his horse and grab up some too.












No comments:

Post a Comment